Many retirees prefer moving to small towns when considering their golden years. Why? Because they are tired of battling the traffic and handling all the hassles that go with suburban living. If you are of retirement age and weighing your options, here are four good reasons why an active adult community in a small town may just be the answer to your question.
1. Proximity to Necessities – You don’t have to drive to all the way to find places of necessity as you would in the city. Everything frommedical to care services is just a short walk away in small town communities. Steeple Glen in Newark, Delaware is one such small town retirement community.
2. Sense of Community – Small town communities offer you the ability to build relationships that will last. Most active adult communities located in these small town areas provide seniors a feeling of belonging and a connection between neighbors you will rarely find in an urban setting. Although you may not meet often, small town residents always look out for each other. This is a setting many seniors look for when looking for places of retirement.
3. Beauty – Small town communities are often situated in extremely lovely settings. Many retirees prefer this type of community because of the beauty of its surroundings. They prefer a charming environment that they can sit back and enjoy. Lake Ridge by Tribute Homes in Fort Mill, South Carolina is one such community where homes are surrounded by plenty of wooded areas providing seniors breathtaking views. Nothing is more relaxing than enjoying the peacefulness of your surroundings.
4. Easy Access to Recreation – Many seniors prefer 55 and over communities that are in proximity to plenty of recreation. This means, seniors look for communities that enable them to enjoy the good life wherever they are. They prefer communities where shopping, dining, gyms, hiking, golfing etc. are just a stone’s throw away. You get all this and more in small town communities.
5. Cultural Aspects – Small town communities also enable seniors to enjoy various cultural aspects too. They are able to visit theaters, festivals, go antiquing and experience various cultures when living in these communities.
If you are looking for small town 55 plus communities, you will find many by visiting ActiveAdultLiving.com®. This website is enables you to access more than 6,100 retirement communities across the US, Canada and Mexico.
Join the AAL Newsletter
Get the best content in your inbox every Monday morning. Stay up to date with the latest featured communities and updates.