BBQ sauce is a sauce that you can enjoy with any type of meat, including chicken, pork, beef, and ribs.
There are many different variations of BBQ sauce, varying from BBQ sauces that have vinegar flavors to BBQ sauces that have a tomato base or a mustard base. There is generally a type of BBQ sauce that could suit anyone’s tastes.
Here are the ten most popular BBQ sauces available:
- Big Daddy’s Carolina Style BBQ sauce is a vinegar and mustard-based sauce, which is different from the normal BBQ sauce that you find in the southwest which has a ketchup and molasses base. The combination of sweet and tangy flavors that you get from Big Daddy’s Carolina Style BBQ sauce brings out the absolute best in grilled and smoked pork and chicken.
- St. Louis BBQ sauce is a bit thinner and has a more tangy flavor than most BBQ sauces. This BBQ sauce has many different influences that play a part in its taste, and it can be made in a few different ways to your liking. This sauce has many of the elements that make up a proper St. Louis BBQ.
- The classic BBQ rib sauce is something that is always associated with the taste of great ribs, and great ribs just wouldn’t taste the same without a classic BBQ rib sauce to accompany it. The classic BBQ rib sauce has that smoky flavor combined with a touch of heat and that deep flavor that ties it all together.
- The Kansas City rib sauce is a tomato-based sauce that gives you a traditional combination of a nice sweet flavor with a little kick of heat in a dark and thick tomato sauce. You can adjust the heat of this sauce to your liking by changing the amount of cayenne added to it.
- The Memphis BBQ sauce is a sauce that combines sweetness and vinegar and a little bit of heat all into one sauce. Traditionally, Memphis Barbecue is typically served without a sauce, but since rules are made to be broken, many Memphis BBQ restaurants have sauces available, either on the side or by special order.
- The best odds pulled pork sauce is a sauce that is added to the pork after it has been smoked and pulled. It is best to cook it slowly with the pork in a big pan so that it brings out the best flavors possible from the sauce. This BBQ sauce has a vinegar base with a bit of heat as well, and it works perfectly with the pork.
- The Piedmont BBQ sauce is of the thinner, vinegar-based variety, but it contains lots of flavors. This sauce is normally used when eating pork because it has a rich tangy flavor to it that works so well, but to put it simply this is a great sauce that could be used for just about everything.
- The mustard BBQ sauce is a sauce that works well with anything, but it was made especially for smoked pork. It adds great flavor to it and the mustard adds a bit of heat that really brings out the best flavors from the food.
- The North Carolina BBQ chicken sauce is a vinegar-based sauce that also has a tangy flavor combined with a little bit of sweetness. This sauce really enhances the smokiness of the chicken, and it finishes off a BBQ chicken perfectly.
- Jack Daniel’s rib glaze is a glaze that you will need to add to your food toward the end of its cooking, and you want to make it so that the sauce will stick to the surface of the ribs without burning. To do this you need to keep the temperature low and cook it slowly until you see when it is stuck to the food. With the long simmer, all of the alcohol will evaporate from the sauce and it will leave behind a brilliant glaze that has a small whiskey flavor to it.
This article is brought to you by ActiveAdultLiving.com®. This is a premier website for all 55 plus active seniors that help them find the best retirement home. Visit our website and obtain all the information you need to make your choice.
Join the AAL Newsletter
Get the best content in your inbox every Monday morning. Stay up to date with the latest featured communities and updates.