About Country Club of New Canaan
It all started when summer residents of the Oenoke Ridge felt the need for a club that would offer a convenient and pleasant resort for its members. Those feelings lead to the formation of the Oenoke Field Club…to promote the interests of lawn tennis and other sports stated the New Canaan Messenger of 1893. The property was located on the Bliss estate just north of the present Presbyterian Church. There was just enough room to build two or more golf holes and some tennis courts. The Club soon outgrew its limited space and in 1897 the Club moved to what is now known as Country Club Road.
Courtesy of The Country Club Of New Canaan